Since the uniquegood speaker was launched, one of many model’s defining design traits has been the light ring — or within the case of good shows, the light bar. the light turns blue after which swirls round as Alexa processes your . But when the light blinks yellow, flashes inexperienced, swirls white or alternates blue and cyan, what does it imply?
The light ring serves as a standing indicator and a notification light for every kind of data, it seems. When the Echo’s ring or Show’s bar light up with completely different colors, Alexa is attempting to let you know one thing vital.
Most of the time, the light ring stays off. If the machine is plugged in and there aren’t any lights exhibiting, it means the speaker is energetic and ready so that you can communicate the wake phrase. When you work together with Alexa, you will note white and numerous tones of blue. The light ring will let you know if there are any issues with Alexa, as nicely. Status indicators are pink, purple or orange. Now that Alexa enables you to ship messages and make calls, Amazon has launched two new colors for notifications: inexperienced and yellow. You can simply ask Alexa what the colors in your Echo machine imply. Or you possibly can learn on to study extra.
Blue and cyan: Why is Alexa spinning or flashing a blue ring?
- If you communicate the wake phrase or manually wake Alexa, the light ring will flip stable blue, and a small part of cyan will level within the route of the individual talking.
- Solid blue with spinning cyan after you have spoken a command means Alexa is processing your request. This additionally occurs when the speaker is powering on.
- Alternating blue and cyan means Alexa is responding to a command or question.
Green: Here’s why Alexa is flashing or blinking inexperienced
- A pulsing inexperienced light signifies an incoming name.
- A spinning inexperienced light means you are at the moment on a name or an .
White: What it means when your Echo turns white
- The light ring will present the amount share in white once you manually flip the light ring on the Amazon Echo or the first-generation , press the amount up or down on the or inform Alexa to regulate the amount.
- A constantly spinning white light means Alexa Guard is on Away Mode.
Purple: Do Not Disturb, or a Wi-Fi drawback?
- Pulsing violet signifies that there was an issue throughout Wi-Fi setup.
- A spinning blue light that ends with a purple flash signifies that Do Not Disturb has been activated.
- A flash of purple after you work together with Alexa signifies that Do Not Disturb is nonetheless enabled.
Yellow, orange and pink: The remainder of Alexa’s light ring colors decoded
- Spinning orange means the machine is at the moment connecting to your community.
- Solid pink means the microphone has been turned off and Alexa is not actively listening to your instructions.
- A pulsing yellow light is telling you that you’ve messages in your inbox. You can say, “Play my messages” or “Check my notifications” for extra data.
Echo Show coloration bar meanings
Unlike the Amazon Echo good audio system, the Echo Show advantages from having a full show. But the machine nonetheless makes use of related light alerts to its speaker counterparts, and so they seem on the underside of the display in a skinny band. Here are the colour meanings:
- A stable band of blue with a cyan spot indicating the route of the speaker will seem once you communicate the wake phrase.
- A stable band of pink means the microphone and digicam have been turned off. After just a few seconds, the light will flip off, leaving a microphone/camera-off image within the higher proper hand nook of the show.
- A band of orange means your Echo Show is experiencing community connectivity points.
- A band of violet means you’ve set the Echo Show to Do Not Disturb mode. After just a few seconds, the light will flip off, leaving a crescent moon image within the higher proper hand nook of the show.
For extra Amazon Echo ideas, listed below are some, the right way to , which mechanically shares your Wi-Fi with neighbors, , and the .